Persivia Inc. (“Persivia”) is a healthcare analytics company that helps care providers better manage the care of their patients through one robust platform, while also helping patients to be an integral part of their care team.
Persivia’s advanced analytics and real-time clinical decision support together address the growing need of managing complex patient populations and providing valuable insights into improving care quality.
The Persivia Patient Portal and Mobile Application each provides a personal health platform that enables you to gather, edit, supplement, store, track, and share health information online. You can view and add to your own health records and access them at any time, any place, on any device. You can also share your health information with family, friends, and health care professionals.
Persivia’s Care Management Portal helps hospitals, healthcare providers, employers, and health advocates facilitate better health management for their patients via an enterprise health platform with a suite of care coordination tools.
Information We Collect
Persivia’s mission is to help you manage your health information, and we do that by collecting certain information (including personal information) about you. “Personal Information” means information that alone or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate a specific person. It can include name, address, email address, phone number, medical records or certain other health data, insurance information, or financial information. Personal Information does not include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
We collect information when you:
1. Create a Persivia account. In order to use the Persivia Platforms, you must create an account. To create a Persivia account, you must provide Personal Information such as name, email address, and a password. This information will help Persivia and others that you collaborate with to identify you.
2. Build your profile. As a Persivia user you can add information to your account. You may choose to provide Personal Information such as address, phone number, date of birth, a profile photo, gender, blood type, health conditions, medications, allergies, and body measurements. You may opt to upload important documents to your profile, such as medical, lab, insurance, legal, and other documents. You may also choose to include Personal Information about others in your profile by providing us with names and contact information for emergency contacts and health care providers.
3. Add a caregiver. Caregivers, such as family, friends, or health advocates, can help you manage your health care. When you add a caregiver, we ask that you provide their name, relationship to you, and an email address. You may choose to let your caregiver access to your account to see some or all of your information as described below.
4. Seek assistance from Persivia. If you contact Persivia with questions or requests, we may collect information from you in order to assist you.
A “cookie” is a small text file that may be stored on the hard drive of a computer or device when you access a website. When you visit the Persivia Platforms, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. You may refuse the service of cookies to your device or delete any existing cookies by changing your browser preferences. If you refuse or delete cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all features and functionality of the Persivia Platforms.
Persivia may automatically collect information from your browser or device when you use the Persivia Platforms. This information may include an IP address, device identifier and location, your browser type, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies your browser received from us, and other non-personally identifiable information that can help us optimize the Persivia Platforms and services.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use information (including Personal Information), to:
1. Communicate with you. We may send email to the email address you provide us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, or to provide information we think may be of interest to you. We may also communicate with you through the Persivia Platforms or other means enabled by the Persivia Platforms, such as through text messages, push notifications, or in-app messaging. You may adjust your communications preferences in your Persivia account settings at any time, or by unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the link provided at the bottom of those emails.
2. Communicate with others at your request. If you choose to use Persivia to share information with others, we may require Personal Information such as names, email addresses, fax numbers, or other contact information.
3. Customize your Persivia experience. We use information we collect through the Persivia Platforms to customize your Persivia experience.
4. Organize and analyze your health information. When you share information or we receive it from others, our employees and service providers may review that information to categorize and organize it for you.
5. Provide and improve the Persivia Platforms. We use information (including Personal Information) for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties as necessary to allow us to facilitate or improve the Persivia Platforms.
We may aggregate or de-identify data collected through the Persivia Platforms and use it for any purpose.
How We May Share Information
Persivia does not share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies for any purposes, unless we have your permission. We may share aggregate or de‑identified data with third parties for any purpose. We may share information (including Personal information) as follows:
1. We may share your Personal Information or other information about you with third parties when we have your permission or at your direction, including when you direct us to send information to a health care provider.
2. When you add a family member or caregiver. We may share information about you according to your settings in your Persivia account. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or actions of any third party with whom you choose to share information.
3. With our vendors and service providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained by us only for the purpose of supporting or improving the Persivia Platforms.
4. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; defend against legal claims; respond to your requests; protect the rights, property, and safety of you, Persivia, or others; or as otherwise required by law.
5. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, or other substantial corporate transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, any information we possess, including Personal Information, may be shared, or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
Persivia offers you a number of ways to control collection and use of your information when you use the Persivia Platforms. Your options include:
2. You can review the information you or others have shared by logging into your Persivia account. You can modify or delete any information that you have provided us at any time.
3. If you no longer desire to use the Persivia Platform, you may close your account. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to the Persivia Platforms or access any of your information. However, you can open a new account at any time. If you close your Persivia account, we have no obligation to retain your information and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. We may retain and use de-identified information as described below. Please note that if you have provided or shared information to third parties, retention of that information by them will be subject to those third parties’ policies and practices.
By using the Persivia Platforms or providing an email address to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Persivia Platforms.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Persivia Platforms. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud or abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or take other actions permitted by law. Anonymous or aggregated information that does not identify you personally may be retained indefinitely.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, you may choose to manage your child’s health information through your Persivia account.